*note: I noticed at least one swear word in here.
Posts Tagged ‘misc.’
February 17, 2011 by Hannah Jane
February 1, 2011 by Hannah Jane
September 30, 2010 by Hannah Jane
I know I’ve been neglecting this blog a bit lately. I’d like to say that posting will be more frequent, but I don’t know that for sure.
The last few months have all been busy – along with school and the busyness of everyday life, we painted a large portion of our house in April, attended the 4th annual American Vision Super Conference in July, and went to the Providential History Festival this month, among other things.
Stephen and I are both on Facebook now, and although I find it useful in many ways, I also find myself using it as an excuse for not blogging.
I’m working on making salsa right now…so far it seems to be going well, but I should really wait until consuming it to say much more.
The weather is *finally* beginning to cool down, much to my delight. I’m very much a cool weather person.
I don’t have much else to say right now…I have several possible posts circulating in my head right now, but whether or not they make it on here or not…well, that remains to be seen.
September 26, 2010 by Hannah Jane
1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
April 5, 2010 by Hannah Jane
Erin from Farm Kids in Crocs has tagged me!
1. High heels or boots? Boots please, as long as they don’t have heels. I do not need any height added to my 5’71/2″, thankyouverymuch.
2. What time did you get up this morning? About 6:45.
3. What was the last movie you saw in the cinema? The Mysterious Islands.
4. What is your name? Hannah.
5. What is your favorite TV show? Umm….we don’t have a working TV right now….and before that we hardly ever watched TV….soooo, my favorite “old” show would be….Andy Griffeth, I guess.
6. What do you usually have for breakfast? Food.
7.What is your middle name? Jane
8.What food do you dislike? Seafood.
9.What is your favorite CD at the moment? Sorry….I can’t just pick one!
10.What characteristic do you despise? Of our culture? The anti-family characteristic.
11.Favorite clothing? Skirts. Other than that…..depends on when you ask me.
12.Anywhere in the world on vacation? Israel.
13. Are you organized? Sometimes.
14. Where would you retire to? Heaven.
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Not sure about that one……
16. What are you going to do when you finish? Laundry.
17. What is your birthstone? Emerald.
18.Person you expect to publish this first? ????
19. When is your birthday? May the 7th, 1994
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person. My brain likes to click on at about the time I’m supposed to be getting sleepy.
21. What is your shoe size? Depends on the brand. Anywhere from an 8 to an 11.
22. Do you own any animals? Our family has one dog….
23. Any news you’d like to share? Ummm….Oh! One of my best friends (we’ve known each other since age 4!) and her family will be coming over for a few days later this month. We live quite a ways apart, so we have not seen each other for about two years.
24. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Artist.
25. What is your favorite flower? Lets see….Lily, Sunflower, Morning Glory, Rose, Daffadil, Crocus, Forget-Me-Not, Apple Blossom, Daisy, Black Eyed Susan, etc, etc. (Nope, I’m not going to give you just one!!)
26.What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Sometime this month when I get to see a friend. (see #23) As well as the masquerade ball.
27. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue. The shade would depend on my mood.
28. How is the weather right now? Warming up way to fast.
29. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Dad.
30. Favorite drink? Water!
31.Favorite restaurant? Anything with a salad bar.
32. Hair color? Either very light brown or rather dark blond, depending on who you ask.
33. What was your favorite toy as a child? My doll, Abigail. Now I have a real, live sister with the same name!!!
34. Summer or winter? Fall and Spring.
35. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, of course. What a question.
36. Coffee or tea? No thank you.
37. Wish you were still young? Didn’t know I was old.
38. Do you want your friends to publish this? ???
39. When was the last time you cried? Not telling.
40. What is under your bed? Books.
41.What did you do last night? Sleep.
42.What are you afraid of? Things that are scary.
43.Salty or sweet? Depends.
44.Best quality you have?
45.How many years at your current job? As daughter? almost 16. As Sister? 14.
46.Favorite day of the week? Sunday – the Sabbath!
February 18, 2010 by Hannah Jane
Inspired by Jo March. These are in no real order other than the first 2.
God’s Holy Word – The Bible
A good book
Men (and Women) such as Patrick Henry, Ruth & Naomi, Isaiah, “Stonewall” Jackson, Robert E. Lee, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Esther, Hannah, Moses, Paul, Isaac Watts, Stephen, and many, many others who stand up to us as role models and Heroes.
The knowledge that God is in control of everything that ever happens
Long, flowy dresses
Cute, Sweet, Adorable, Cuddly Babies!!!
And many, many other things
February 16, 2010 by Hannah Jane
Right now I’m sitting in Daddy’s office, watching my Caleb kidnap some of our toothbrushes. Including mine, in case your wondering. Now I’m sitting with 4 toothbushes in front of the keybaord.
In case you cannot tell, this is going to be a random post.
Last night I resolved to put a worthwhile post up here. This morning, we watch a video talking about internet censorship. Great, I think. Now I’ll have something to post about. So then, right after breakfast, what does my dear brother do but steal my post. Of course, I suppose I could rant write some more on the subject, such as how I sometimes feel as though I am living in communist china or something like that rather than the US of A, but I’m not in the mood for that anyway. Besides, its rather hard to write something that serious when you gave to keep stopping in order to get cookies out of the oven or take toothbrushes away from your baby brother.
Lately I’ve been working on a baby doll quilt for my sister’s birthday. (sshhh….)(hopefully I’ll be able to get some pictures up later) As well as toying with the idea of setting up an Etsy shop. And of course, making cookies. I often finish with the queer feeling that the recipe makes less and less each time, even though I now triple it. We also took a spontaneous trip to Florida in late January, got a down a bunch of springish clothing, come back to AL, and get the heaviest snowfall (2″) we’ve ever gotten in the 8 years of being down here. I’ve also been studying Hebrew and doing more sketching.
A couple weeks ago I found a charming old crochet book and I’ve had the funnest time going through it. Most of the clothing patterns are useable, although most would require some sort of altering, And there are a huge amount of lace and doily patterns, some of which nearly have me drooling. It has also shown me once again how much times have changed (it is copyright 1946)….from the beginning of one of the chapters…:
“…a woman with that talent for gracious living will take the trouble and find great pleasure in adding small personal touches to her household linen. She will initial her sheets, add a graceful handmade edging to her pillow slips and her linen towels. The shelving in her linen closet will be exquisitely edged…..”
I’m not sure I want to go quite so far as that……
Anyway, as I need to go now, I shall end this random post.
January 28, 2010 by Hannah JaneRULE: USE ONLY ONE WORD – Not as easy as you might think- answer the following questions.Where is your cell phone? nowhereSignificant other? laterYour mother? KitchenYour father? OutYour favorite thing? FamilyYour dream last night? unknownYour favorite drink? waterWhat room are you in? schoolroomYour hobby? lotsYour fear? spidersWhere do you want to be in 6 years? unknownWhere were you last night? bedSomething that you aren’t? outgoingWish list item? dyeLast thing you did? housecleaningWhat are you wearing? brownTV? occasionalyName one of your pets: JennyFriends? niceYour life? RedeemedYour mood? contentMissing someone? nopeDrinking? waterYour car? noneSomething you’re not wearing? shoesYour favorite store? Hobby-LobbyYour favorite color? allWhen is the last time you cried? today(?)Where do you go to over and over? kitchenMy favorite place to eat? anywhereFavorite place I’d like to be at right now? hmmm….
Tagging….Anyone who wishes to be.
December 10, 2009 by Hannah Jane
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
August 22, 2009 by Hannah Jane
(In case you can’t tell, its a baby blanket.)